Monday, June 14, 2010

Recharge your battery!



What do I do to recharge my battery? My favorite vacation is summer or fall in Colorado. I believe our children summed it up beautifully when one of them said, "Mom, how can ANYONE be bored here?" Nature provides all the entertainment I could ever desire. Hiking, biking, kayaking, and rafting are ever-present. Want a slower pace? Grab your camera and shoot pictures of all the beauty.

Yesterday I took an amazing bike ride up here in Crested Butte. The views alone are enough to lighten my spirits, but the heart pounding you get at 9000 feet above sea level riding a bike will clearly up your adrenaline and pump up those "happy neurotransmitters" in your brain!

Remember that thirty minutes a day of aerobic activity (anything that significantly raises your heart-rate- you don't have to travel to Colorado!) is equivalent to taking a low dose of an anti-depressant.

BOTTOM LINE: Jump on your bike, go for a walk, or pick your favorite exercise and recharge your battery!

No comments: