Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Best Birthday Present!



Today is my 45th birthday (or the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday, however you want to look at it ;0) Personally, I love my age, and am happy to celebrate the full 45! I am blessed with an amazing family and the opportunity to pursue my ever expanding academic interests. I'd like to share today, though, what I am giving myself for this birthday. I'm giving myself...a PUSH!
I always make it a priority to have some exercise each day, but due to our hectic schedules, I have slipped into a low level of either simply walking the dog a couple miles each day or maybe jumping on the exercise bike. Now, there is NOTHING wrong with that, and I'd be thrilled if every one of my patients would commit to exactly that routine!

However, like everyone in my decade and beyond, I'm waking up to more aches and pains and stiffness each morning. It's time for a shake up in my exercise routine, so I'm giving myself a PUSH to bump it up a level. For me, I purchased a set of DVDs from an infomercial that I watched while I was on my exercise bike last month. The set has a great mix of weights and basic calisthenics, in thirty to sixty second chunks (which appeals to my limited attention span.) The first week, I felt like a truck had run over me...multiple times! I'm now in my third week, though, and excited to see huge improvement as I go through the routines. I can actually do a REAL pushup for the first time in my life!

BOTTOM LINE: Give YOURSELF the gift of a PUSH and bump up your level of exercise!

No comments: