Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013- A Year for YOU!


Happy New Year! I love new beginnings- who doesn't? Whether it is the first of the month, your birthday, an anniversary, or yes, the NEW YEAR- give yourself the precious gift of a new start!
Since this is my blog about all things healthy, I wish for you specifically to give yourself the gift of a new start for health...whatever is most important to YOU.
90% of us struggle with our weight. Whether it is fighting that same darn 10-20 pounds that we battle every year, or perhaps the first time that our metabolism packed its bags and deserted us, Americans have big issues with weight (no pun intended.) What will you do this year?
Let me say right now, if you are not exercising at all, and eating out over half your meals, please do not commit to exercise every day & a brilliant, gourmet, healthy home-cooked meal three times per day! Whatever you choose, set yourself up for SUCCESS!
For 2013, I'd like to encourage you to pick ONE thing today to improve your health. Is it a goal of five servings of fruits and/or vegetables per day? Hooray! Choose it! Is it parking your car at the back of the lot? Awesome! Walking the stairs instead of taking the escalator or elevator? Buying a pedometer? Meditating 5 minutes each morning before you get out of bed? Amen!
My wish for each and every one of you is better health- spiritual, mental, and physical health. I am in the process of finalizing tough decisions in my own life to optimize not only my health, but my family's collaborative "health".
BOTTOM LINE: Start off 2013 with ONE simple step towards better health- choose it today!

No comments: